🏀 GAME PREVIEW: vs. Omaha
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Coming off of back-to-back wins at home, the Kansas women’s basketball team will host Omaha in Allen Fieldhouse on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 7 p.m.
|⌚ Date/Time||Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.|
|📍 Location||Allen Fieldhouse|
|📺 Watch||Big 12 Now on ESPN+|
|📻 Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
- This marks the first time Kansas will face Omaha.
- In the last game, KU held UIC to 38 percent shooting from the field.
- In the first two games, the Jayhawks had back at least four players scoring in double figures and two players recording a double-double.
- Against UIC, Kansas scored over 90 points against an opponent for the first time since Dec. 21, 2016, against UC Riverside.
- The Jayhawks forced 20 turnovers against UIC, while only giving the ball up 11 times.
- In her last outing against UIC, sophomore guard Aniya Thomas tied her career-high in points with 17 and recorded a career-high six rebounds and four assists.
- Junior forward Tina Stephens notched a double-double with a Kansas career-high 15 points and 10 rebounds off the bench against UIC.
- Freshman guard Holly Kersgieter earned Big 12 Co-Player of the Week and Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors after the first two games of the season, averaging 16 points, 8.6 rebounds and shot 55 percent (11-of-20) from the field.
- Kansas has brought in seven newcomers to the roster, six returners and lost nine players, three of which were starters.
- In the 2018-19 season, KU won its first tournament title in the Schneider era at the Duel in the Desert with back-to-back wins over Washington State and Northwestern.
- The Jayhawks defeated Kansas State in Manhattan 61-54 in the 2018-19 season for the first time since 2014. The game also marked the 120th meeting between the two universities.
- In the 2019 Big 12 Tournament, Kansas got its first win since 2016 in the opening round against Oklahoma State 76-66.
The Jayhawks will face off against UMass Lowell for the final game of its homestand on Sunday, Nov. 17, in Allen Fieldhouse.