Jan. 7, 2009
Kansas 80, Fairfield 60
January 7, 2009
Kansas‘ win over Fairfield…
– Makes Kansas 11-2 for the second straight season.
-Gives the Jayhawks a 2-0 mark against Fairfield.
-Gives the Jayhawks a 2-0 all-time record versus the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
-Makes Kansas 8-0 in Allen Fieldhouse this year.
-Improves KU head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 68-67 at Kansas, 226-129 overall and 1-0 against Fairfield.
-Makes Kansas 664-465 all time.
– Junior Danielle McCray scored her 1,000th career point at the 4:50 mark in the first half. This makes her the 20th 1,000-point scorer in program history.
– Freshman Aishah Sutherland recorded her first steal of her career and tied her career-high with one block.
– Senior Ivana Catic grabbed seven rebounds, tying her career high and setting a season-high record. She last recorded five against New Mexico State in KU’s last game.
– Kansas recorded their highest three-point percentage of the season with 66.7 percent.
– Sophomore Nicollette Smith recorded four assists, tying her season and career-high record.
– Fairfield shot 39.1 percent from the field. Kansas has held all but one opponent to under 40 percent shooting this season.
– Sophomore Krysten Boogaard tied her season-high with one assist. She also recorded one assist against New Mexico State in KU’s last game.