Kansas 68 - Oklahoma State 70: Postgame Notes
Jan. 12, 2010
LAWRENCE, Kan. –
No. 15 Oklahoma State 70, Kansas 68
January 12, 2010
– Dropped KU to 0-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
– Made the series with Oklahoma State 29-23 in the Jayhawks’ favor.
– Dropped KU to 3-32 vs. ranked teams in the Bonnie Henrickson era.
– Danielle McCray’s 28 points were her third highest of the season behind 37 at Houston and 30 vs. UC Riverside. She reached 20 points for the seventh time this year and 37th time in her career.
– In the first half Danielle McCray made five field goals, while the rest of the Jayhawks combined for five (one each by five different players). McCray was five of 10 from the field, while her teammates were five of 17 combined in the first period.
– Danielle McCray’s 16 points in the first half matched her most points from the previous three games.
– Aishah Sutherland recorded a career-high 14 rebounds. Previous best was 12 on three occasions, including against Pepperdine three games ago.
– Angel Goodrich recorded a career-high eight rebounds. Previous best was six vs. Iowa.
– Goodrich’s 13 points were the second most of her career behind 20 vs. Creighton. She reached double figure points for the fourth time this year.
– KU’s bench scored just five points, while OSU’s reserves scored just two points.
– After shooting just 37 percent in the first half, KU shot 51.7 percent in the second half to finish at 44.6 percent, its best mark in the last three games.
– KU recorded 10 steals for the fifth 10-steal game of the season.
– The crowd of 6,671 was the largest KU has played in front of, either home or away, this season. KU played in front of 5,799 at Manhattan last Saturday. KU’s previous home attendance high this year was 4,688 against Michigan. KU averaged 3,496 fans before today.