Jan. 12, 2011
Kansas 68, Colorado 58
January 12, 2011
KU’s win against Colorado…
… Improves the Jayhawks to 14-2 for the first time since the 1994-1995 season.
… Gave the Jayhawks their first Big 12 road-opening win since Jan. 10, 2004, when they defeated Missouri, in Columbia.
… Improves KU to 4-1 in road games.
… Gives KU a 33-33 mark all-time against the Buffaloes and a 287-281 all-time mark against Big 12 schools (87-140 since the league formed).
… Improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 8-5 against CU, 110-97 at Kansas, 33-75 at KU and 268-159 all-time.
– Kansas used the lineup of Angel Goodrich, Monica Engelman and Diara Moore at guard and Aishah Sutherland and Carolyn Davis at forward in both halves.
– Freshman G Diara Moore made her first start since the Dec. 12 contest against Alabama.
– KU did not score until 16:46 when Aishah Sutherland caught a Monica Engelman pass for a layup.
– Freshman G CeCe Harper made her first appearance since the Dec. 30 contest against UT-Arlington.
– The Jayhawks’ largest lead in the first half was six points, while Colorado’s largest seven points.
– The game was tied four times in the second half before KU took a nine-point lead.
– The Jayhawks 8-0 run started and ended with layups from senior C Krysten Boogaard. Boogaard made one at 12:42 to tie the game and one at 11:50 that capped the run.
– Sophomore G Monica Engelman set a new career-high with eight assists.
– KU shot a season-high 79.2 percent percent from the free throw line (19-24).