Jan. 12, 2011
Kansas 84, Iowa State 79
January 12, 2011 – Ames, Iowa
Kansas‘ Win at IowaState…
… Makes Kansas 16-0 for the first time since the 2007-08 team opened the year 20-0.
… Gives Kansas its 20th-straight conference opening victory dating back to 1991-92.
… Makes KU 3-0 in true road games and 7-0 away from Allen Fieldhouse this season.
… Gives Kansas its 11th-straight win against IowaState and makes the KU-ISU series 169-58 in favor of Kansas, including a 24-7 record since the start of the Big 12 in 1997.
… Improves Bill Self to 218-43 while at Kansas, 425-148 all-time and 14-2 against IowaState.
… Makes Kansas 2,019-796 all-time.
– Kansas out-rebounded IowaState 47-34 and has out-done 14 of 16 opponents on the boards this season.
– KU also out-shot its 15th opponent of the year topping the Cyclones 46.9 percent to 42.3 percent from the field.
– The Jayhawks attempted a season-high 64 field goals at ISU and tied a season-high with 31 free throw attempts.
– Junior Marcus Morris had a double-double for the second consecutive game. His career-high 33 points and personal-best 13 boards marked his third DD this year and second-straight game with 20-plus points. His 73.3 shooting percentage (11-for-15) also led the team.
– Marcus also sank a career-best 11 free throws (in 14 attempts) on the night.
– Junior Markieff Morris also recorded his second-straight double-double and third DD in the last three games with 17 points and 11 rebounds. He has double-digit points in 13 contests so far this season.
– Markieff tied a season high with three blocked shots.
– After a six game suspension, senior Mario Little appeared against the Cyclones in his first game back since playing versus ColoradoState on Dec. 11. Little led the KU bench with eight points to go along with four rebounds.
– Freshman Josh Selby scored 14 points, the third time in the last four games he has put up double-figure points.
– Junior Tyshawn Taylor dished out four assists. It marked his fourth-straight game with at least four dimes and 14th time this season.
– Senior Brady Morningstar handed out four assists and has three or more assist four times in 2010-11.