Postgame Notes: Kansas vs. Baylor
Jan. 13, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON): Angel Goodrich (91-15), Monica Engelman (83-15), Chelsea Gardner (11-1), Carolyn Davis (85-15) and Natalie Knight (49-15).
– Dropped the Jayhawks’ record to 11-4 overall, 2-2 in the Big 12.
– Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 149-125 (9th season) and her career record to 307-187 (16th season).
– Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 746-523.
– Gave KU an 8-17 record against Baylor, Henrickson 1-11. The Jayhawks have lost six straight games to the Lady Bears, while KU is 4-7 all-time while playing BU in Allen Fieldhouse.
– The Jayhawks overcame a deficit of 18 points, largest in the first half, and came within 10 points with 4:08 remaining in the half.
– The KU bench outscored BU’s bench 26-9. This is the fourth-straight game the Jayhawks off the bench have outscored their opponent’s bench.
– BU handed KU their largest defeat of the season, defeated the Jayhawks by 22 points. Kansas’ previous game at Oklahoma State is the second biggest deficit of the season at 17 points.
– This season the Lady Bears have outscored their opponents by an average of 31 points and the Jayhawks allowed only a 22-point final margin. The Kansas defense also held the Baylor offense to 35 percent shooting in the second half.
– Junior guard CeCe Harper broke her career-high of 10 points and led the team in scoring for the first time this season, with 21 points. She also posted a career-high three baskets from beyond the arc. Harper is the fifth Jayhawk on this team to reach the 20 point mark during their careers.
– Senior guard Angel Goodrich made her 100 career three-point shot at the 6:01 mark. The basket, her second of the game, made her the ninth KU player to hit 100 shots from beyond the arc. Goodrich finished the game with 16 points, nine off three-point field goals, and led her team with seven assists.
– Senior forward Carolyn Davis posted her first double-double on the season scoring 12 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. The performance gives her 19 double-doubles for her career.
– Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner tallied nine rebounds for the Jayhawks, an increase over her past nine game average of 5.9.