Jan. 16, 2011
Nebraska 75, Kansas 61 (OT)
KU’s loss against Nebraska…
… Drops the Jayhawks to 14-3 on the season for the first time since the 1994-1995 season.
… Moves the all-time series to 48-31 in Kansas’ favor.
… Gives KU a 287-282 all-time against Big 12 Conference schools, including an 87-141 record since the league’s inception.
… Drops Kansas head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record against the Cornhuskers to 5-10. Henrickson is now 110-98 at KU, 33-76 in the Big 12 and 268-160 in her head-coaching career.
… Moves the team to 4-2 in road contests for the 2010-2011 season.
… Gives Kansas a 707-496 program record.
– Kansas used the lineup of Monica Engelman, Diara Moore and Angel Goodrich at guard and Aishah Sutherland and Carolyn Davis at forward in both halves. G Keena Mays started in place of Moore in overtime.
– Kansas assistant coach Tory Verdi faced his former team, as he served as an assistant at Nebraska from 2006-2010.
– The Jayhawks dropped their first overtime game of the season, and are now 2-1 in overtime contests.
– The eight-point deficit at halftime (28-20) was the largest halftime deficit Jayhawks have faced this season.
– KU scored a season-low 20 points in the first half.
– Nebraska led by as much as 12 points in the second half, which was the largest overall lead KU has faced this season.
– Kansas rallied to come from behind and take a lead at 4:32, overcoming their largest deficit of the season.
– KU’s first lead came at 4:32 when F Aishah Sutherland hit a short jumper.
– G Angel Goodrich hit the game-tying three to send it into overtime.
– G Monica Engelman had KU’s only overtime shot, a three at 1:01.
– Engelman’s nine points tied her career-high, which she achieved against Wisconsin on Nov. 21.
– F Carolyn Davis’s 26-points led the game and was three shy of her season-high total of 29.
– Davis’ posted her fifth double-double of the season with 10 rebounds.
– KU grabbed 22 offensive boards, which was one short of the season-high.
– KU shot a season-worst 31 percent from the field.