Kansas Postgame Notes - at Texas Tech
Jan. 19, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON):
- Angel Goodrich (92-16), Monica Engelman (84-16), Chelsea Gardner (12-2), Carolyn Davis (86-16) and Natalie Knight (50-16).
- Dropped the Jayhawks’ record to 11-5 overall, 2-3 in the Big 12.
- Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 149-126 (9th season) and her career record to 307-188 (16th season).
- Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 746-524, while KU fell to 5-15 in the series against Texas Tech.
- The Jayhawks are the Lady Raiders’ third opponent to score 59+ points in a game.
- Kansas trailed by as many as 12 points at the 3:35 mark and came within eight points to finish the first half, 41-33. The Jayhawks never lead during the first 20 minutes and this is the eighth game this season KU has trailed going into halftime.
- KU went on a 15-6 run starting 1:05 into the second half and took its first lead of the game, 48-47, at the 12:11 mark.
- The Jayhawk bench outscored the Lady Raiders’ bench, 24-10, and have outscored their opponent’s bench for the sixth-consecutive game.
- Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner posted her third career double-double leading her team with 18 points and 11 rebounds, her season rebounding high. This is the eighth game Gardner has led her team in rebounds.
- Senior guard Monica Engelman tied her season high of 12 points.
- Senior guard Angel Goodrich posted a season high with eight rebounds and scored all of her points, seven, within the second half. Goodrich is now four points short of being the 26th Jayhawk to join the 1,000 points club.