Jan. 22, 2011
Texas 74, Kansas 63
Jan. 22, 2011 – Lawrence, Kan.
KU’s Loss to Texas…
… Marks KU’s first loss of the season, dropping its record to 18-1 overall and 3-1 in Big 12 play.
… Ends the nation’s longest home court winning streak at 69 games.
… Made the KU-UT series 17-7 in favor of KU.
… Dropped Kansas to 661-107 all-time in Allen Fieldhouse, including 123-7 under Bill Self.
… Made Bill Self 220-44 while at KU, 427-149 overall and 7-7 against Texas. It was also Texas’ first victory in Allen Fieldhouse.
… Moved Kansas to 2,021-797 all-time.
– KU’s starting lineup included G Tyrel Reed, G Josh Selby, G Tyshawn Taylor, F Markieff Morris, F Marcus Morris for the sixth-straight game.
– Kansas opened the game on a 10-0 run. Texas did not score its first field goal until the 15:54 mark of the first half.
– Texas’ 11-point victory was KU’s largest margin of defeat since falling to Arizona 84-67 on Dec. 23, 2008.
– The Jayhawks’ 63 points matched the fewest by the team this season.
– Kansas G Tyrel Reed scored 17 points, which marked his career high in a Big 12 game, and matched his second-highest total this season (also had 17 vs. UCLA).
– All five of Reed’s field goals were from three-point range, which set a career high.
– G Tyshawn Taylor recorded six assists, which matched his career-high in a Big 12 game. This was the fourth time he’s had six assists in a conference game, first since at Missouri on March 6 of last season.
– Taylor’s six assists moved him into a tie for 18th all-time at KU with 322 in his career. He passed Calvin Thompson (321) and tied Keith Langford (322) Saturday.
– Kansas shot just 26.7 percent in the second half (8-for-30), which marked a season low for one half.
– Texas’ 25 free throws made were the most by a conference opponent since Kansas State made 30 free throws in a game on Feb. 7, 2007.
– Kansas F Marcus Morris scored 16 points, to move up to 46th on KU’s all-time scoring list with 1,042 points. Morris passed Bill Bridges (1,028), Jerry Gardner (1,030) and Cole Aldrich (1,038) Saturday.