KU TAMU Notes
Jan. 25, 2006
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas 83, Texas A&M 73<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Jan. 25, 2006– Reed Arena –College Station, Texas
Kansas‘ win over Texas A&M…
…Makes KU 12-6 on the season and 3-2 in Big 12 play.
…Makes KU 9-2 in its last 11 games.
…Gives the Jayhawks their 11th-straight win against Texas A&M and fourth straight in Reed Arena, making the series 11-0 in favor of KU.
…Gives KU a 121-28 all-time Big 12 regular-season record, the most wins in the 10th anniversary of the league.
…Makes head coach Bill Self 3-2 against Texas A&M, including 3-0 while at KU.
…Improves Self to 59-22 at Kansas and 266-126 overall.
…Makes KU 2-1 in true road games this season and 4-4 in games played away from Allen Fieldhouse.
…Makes KU 1,860-775 all-time.
- Kansas used the starting lineup of freshmen Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers and Julian Wright and sophomores Sasha Kaun and Russell Robinson for the first time this season.
- Freshman forward Julian Wright made his first career start.
- KU’s 12 rebounds in the first half marked the fewest in a single stanza since the Jayhawks grabbed 12 boards against Oklahoma State on Feb. 27, 2005.
- Sophomore guard Russell Robinson scored a career-high 24 points tonight. His previous career best was 13, which he posted against Nebraska on Saturday. He has scored in double figures in four straight games and six times this season.
- Robinson’s 12-for-13 from the charity stripe marked a KU individual season best.
- Sophomore forward Darnell Jackson logged a career-high 26 minutes and scored in double-digits (12) for the second consecutive game and fourth time this season in his nine contests.
- Freshman guard Brandon Rush posted his fourth 20-point effort this season, which leads the Big 12.
- Freshman guard Mario Chalmers’ perfect 8-of-8 from the line was his season-best.
- KU’s 33 free throws made and 44 attempts at the charity stripe marked the most by a Jayhawk squad since Jan. 6, 1997 when it made 33 on 47 tries against Texas at home.
- The Jayhawks have shot 50 percent or better (54.8 tonight) in seven of their last nine games.
- KU has held every opponent to under 50 percent shooting and out-rebounded 12 foes this season.
- KU’s 83 points marked a Texas A&M opponent season-high.