Jan. 25, 2010
Kansas 84, Missouri 65
Lawrence, Kan. – Jan. 25, 2010
… Makes Kansas 19-1 this season, including 5-0 in conference play for the third-straight year.
… Extends the nation’s longest home court winning streak to 54 games.
… Makes the Border Showdown Series 168-94 in favor of KU, including 40-14 in favor of the Jayhawks in Allen Fieldhouse.
… Gives KU its 11th consecutive win over Missouri in Allen Fieldhouse.
… Makes Kansas 13-0 in Allen Fieldhouse this season, 636-106 all-time in the facility and 109-6 under Bill Self.
… Makes Bill Self 188-41 while at Kansas, 395-146 overall and 14-3 all-time against Missouri, including 11-3 at Kansas.
… Makes Kansas 1,989-794 all-time.
– Kansas junior Cole Aldrich recorded his eighth double-double of the season with 12 points and 16 rebounds. His 16 rebounds were tied for the second-most by a Jayhawk this season. The double-double was also the 30th of the junior’s career.
– Aldrich had 12 rebounds in the first half, which is the most by a Jayhawk in a single half since Wayne Simien also had 12 in the first half against UC-Santa Barbara on Dec. 20, 2003.
– Aldrich’s 16 rebounds bring his career total to 711.
– Aldrich also recorded a season-high seven blocked shots, which were the most blocks by a Jayhawk since he had 10 against Dayton in the NCAA Tournament last season.
– His seven blocks were tied for the fifth-most in a game by a Jayhawk.
– With his seven blocked shots, Aldrich tied Jayhawk great Danny Manning for fifth-place on KU’s all-time list with 200 blocks in his career.
– Kansas junior Tyrel Reed matched a career high with 14 points, including four three-point field goals, which matched a career high.
– Reed made 4-of-4 three-point attempts which was the best percentage with at least four attempts since Brady Morningstar made 4-of-4 against Kansas State on Feb. 14, 2009.
– Missouri shot 27.9 percent from the field, which is a season low for the Tigers.
– Kansas sophomore Marcus Morris scored 17 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Since the beginning of Big 12 play, Marcus Morris is averaging 18.8 points per game, and 7.8 rebounds per game.
– Sophomore Markieff Morris scored nine points and grabbed 11 boards. Both totals were his best since scoring 12 with 12 rebounds against La Salle on Dec. 12 of this season.
– As a team, Kansas pulled down 56 rebounds, which were the second most this season (61, vs. Alcorn State on Dec. 2). The 56 boards were the most by a Jayhawk team in a conference game since they pulled down 58 against Nebraska on Jan. 9, 2002.
– KU had a plus-28 rebounding advantage over the Tigers. This was the biggest rebounding differential in a Big 12 game for the Jayhawks since KU had a plus-30 rebound advantage against Texas Tech in 2008.
– Kansas committed a season-high 23 turnovers.
– Kansas has now held 15 of its 20 opponents this season to under 40 percent shooting from the field. KU has held 93 of its last 94 opponents to under 50 percent shooting.