All 56 Kansas Baseball Games to Air on Jayhawk All-Access/KLWN Radio
Jan. 26, 2012
LAWRENCE, Kan. – For the first time in program history, all 56 Kansas baseball regular season games during the 2012 season will air on Jayhawk All-Access or KLWN Radio (1320 AM). The addition makes more than 225 events Jayhawk All-Access will produce during the 2011-12 academic year.
It also marks the first time that the entire baseball schedule has been carried via live broadcast.
Jayhawk All-Access will carry audio for 26 games throughout the season with free video coverage available for a majority of the home contests. KLWN Radio will pick up coverage on Tuesday, March 27 for the game at Missouri State at 6:30 p.m., and continue throughout the regular season. Fans can still tune in to Jayhawk All-Access for video coverage during KU home games.
“I’m really excited that our kids’ parents, alums, and fans will all be able to follow our team throughout the entire 2012 baseball season,” Kansas Head Coach Ritch Price said.
Veteran play-by-play man Tom Hedrick as well as Jayhawk All-Access broadcaster Kyle West will provide a majority of the coverage throughout the year with KLWN Sports Director Brian Hanni also joining the broadcasts.
Fans can quickly locate each broadcast by logging onto kuathletics.com/AllAccess and clicking on the link on the “Live Events” tab or by visiting the baseball schedule page.
The Jayhawks open the 2012 season on Friday, Feb. 17 at Middle Tennessee State at 3 p.m.
This marks the eighth consecutive year that AT&T Jayhawk All-Access will broadcast Kansas Athletics events either with video, audio or both. This season, in addition to five men’s basketball games, Jayhawk fans tuned in to AT&T All-Access to see:
- Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice
- Legends of the Phog, the KU men’s basketball alumni charity game in Allen Fieldhouse in September, and
- The home football opener vs. McNeese State.
- Football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches’ television shows,
- The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches,
- Men’s basketball coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
- Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with the football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches,
- Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics,
- Football postgame press conferences after home games,
- Football weekly press conferences
- Home women’s basketball games,
- Home volleyball matches,
- The Kansas Relays and much more, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas’ 18 varsity sports.