Kansas vs. Baylor Postgame Notes
Jan. 28, 2006
Kansas Postgame Notes<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Kansas’ loss to Baylor…
…Makes the Jayhawks 13-5 overall and 2-5 in Big 12 play.
…Gives KU its fifth loss in the last six games.
…Makes KU 6-9 all-time against Baylor, including a 2-5 mark in Waco, Texas.
…Gives Baylor its seventh-straight win against the Jayhawks.
…Makes the Jayhawks 0-4 on the road this season.
…Makes head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record 25-21 at Kansas and 183-83 in her career.
…Makes the Jayhawks 622-419 all-time.
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Taylor McIntosh, Crystal Kemp, Kaylee Brown, Shaquina Mosley and Erica Hallman for the first time this season.
– Hallman became the 19th 1,000-point scorer in KU history when she hit a jumper from the right wing with 19:07 on the clock in the first half. She recorded four points to move her career total to 1,003.
– The crowd of 7,672 was the largest of the season for Kansas.
– The 40 points scored was the fewest by Kansas this season. Kansas’ first half total of 23 points and second half total of 17 points were also season-lows.
– Baylor’s 90 points represented a Kansas opponent season-high.
– Junior Sharita Smith tied a season and career-high three rebounds.
– Freshman Sophronia Sallard tied a career-high four points.
– Sophomore Jamie Boyd tied career-highs with six points and three field goals made.
– Hallman grabbed a team-high six rebounds marking the ninth time this season she collected five or more boards.
– Kansas played 11 players without a single player logging 30 or more minutes for the first time this season.
– Freshman Jen Orgas saw her first action in a Big 12 contest, logging four minutes.
– Kemp scored in double-figures for the 19th straight game dating back to the last game of the 2004-05 season.