Jan. 29, 2011
Kansas State 65, Kansas 60
January 29, 2011 – Manhattan, Kan.
KU’s loss against KSU…
… Drops Kansas to 4-4 in road games.
… Gives KU a 14-7 season-opening record for the first time since the 1998-1999 season.
… Is KU’s ninth straight in Manhattan. KU is now 42-59 all-time against Kansas State.
… Moves the Jayhawks to 287-286 all-time against Big 12 schools, including an 87-145 record since the league’s formation.
… Moves head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 2-12 against the Wildcats. Henrickson is now 110-102 at Kansas, 33-80 in the Big 12 and 268-164 overall.
… Makes Kansas 707-500 all-time.
– Kansas used the lineup of Monica Engelman, Marisha Brown and Angel Goodrich at guard and Aishah Sutherland and Carolyn Davis at forward in both halves.
– The Jayhawks managed to erase deficits of as much as 12 points (first half), and nine points (second half).
– Eight of KU’s nine players used scored, and all scored at least three points.
– Kansas State swiped four balls, tying for an opponent season-low.
– KU attemped 43 two-point field goals, which was one off the season-high.
– The Jayhawks out-shot their opponent 45.3 percent to 43.5 percent.
– Kansas pulled down a season-low 18 defensive rebounds.