Postgame Notes vs Colorado
Feb. 2, 2011
Kansas 81, Colorado 53
Feb. 2, 2011
… KU improves to 15-7, giving KU its best season-opening record since the 1997-98 season.
… KU has won four-straight against the Buffaloes and five-straight in Lawrence.
… KU is now 11-3 at Allen Fieldhouse this season.
… KU is 34-33 all-time versus Colorado. It was the final meeting between the two schools in Big 12 play, as Colorado leaves for the Pac 12 Conference.
… Head coach Bonnie Henrickson is 9-5 versus Colorado. Henrickson is 111-102 at KU and 269-164 overall.
… KU is 708-500 all-time.
… KU started the game on a 15-3 run.
… KU outscored Colorado 17-5 in points off turnovers in the first half.
… KU led at halftime 46-27. The Jayhawks shot 62 percent from the field in the first half and for the entire game.
… KU shot higher than 60 percent for the third time this season.
… The win snapped a five-game losing streak for the Jayhawks.
– KU used the starting lineup of Keena Mays, Monica Engelman, Marisha Brown and Angel Goodrich at guard and Carolyn Davis at forward for the first time this season. Forward Aishah Sutherland started in place of Mays in the second half.
– Davis led the Jayhawks with 15 points in the first half. Engelman was also in double figures with 12 points.
– Senior Krysten Boogaard became the 22nd player in KU history to have 1,000 career points.
– Davis led the Jayhawks with 20 points in the game. It is her ninth 20-point game this season and second during Big 12 play.
– Mays recorded a career-high 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting from the field.
– Engelman was the third Jayhawk in double-figures as she finished with 14 points.
– Goodrich recorded a season-high eight assists in the game.
– 10 different Jayhawks scored on the night.
– All 11 Jayhawks that suited up saw action in tonight’s game.