Feb. 1, 2012
KANSAS 84, OKLAHOMA 62
February 1, 2012
KANSAS STARTERS (Career/Season Starts): C Jeff Withey (23/22); F Thomas Robinson (25/22); G Tyshawn Taylor (110/21); G Elijah Johnson (30/22); G Travis Releford (26/22)
… Made Kansas 18-4 on the season
… Moved the Jayhawks to 8-1 or better in conference play for the sixth time in the Bill Self era and the ninth time in the 16 year history of the Big 12 Conference
… Extended KU’s home court winning streak to 18 games
… Gave KU its ninth-straight win against Oklahoma, dating back to the 2004-05 season
… Made the KU-OU series 138-64 in favor of the Jayhawks, including 17-4 as members of the Big 12
… Improved KU to 42-7 all-time against Oklahoma at Allen Fieldhouse, which includes Kansas wins in each of the last 11 meetings in Lawrence
… Made Kansas 679-107 all-time at Allen Fieldhouse, including 141-7 under Bill Self
… Improved head coach Bill Self to 255-50 while at KU, 462-155 overall and 10-3 against the Sooners (10-1 at KU)
… Moved KU to 2,056-803 all-time
– Kansas started the lineup of Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson, Tyshawn Taylor, Elijah Johnson and Travis Releford for the 21st time in 22 games this year.
– KU’s 53 second-half points against the Sooners marks the fourth time the Jayhawks have scored 50 points or more in a half this season.
– After shooting 39.3 percent in the first half, the Jayhawks made their first 10 field goal attempts of the second half.
– The Jayhawks shot 71.4 percent in the second half (20-of-28), which was their highest single-half percentage of the season. It was the highest percentage in a half since KU shot 79.3 percent in the first half at Baylor last season.
– KU finished the game even with Oklahoma at 31 total rebounds apiece. This season, the Jayhawks have been outrebounded in just four games.
– Oklahoma’s 75 percent three-point shooting (3-for-4) was the highest in a conference game against Kansas since the 1988-89 season.
– It was the best three-point field goal percentage since UMass shot 77.8 percent (7-for-9) on Dec. 10, 1997.
– OU’s four three-point field goal attempts tied for the fewest three-point attempts in a conference game (Missouri, 1991). It was the fewest overall by a Kansas opponent since Wichita State attempted two on Jan. 8, 1992.
– Junior F Thomas Robinson finished with 20 points and 17 rebounds for his Big 12-leading 15th double-double of the season.
– Robinson’s 15 double-doubles are the eighth-most in a season in school history, tying Danny Manning’s 1988 total.
– Robinson’s 20 career double-doubles move him into sole possession of eighth place on the team’s all-time list, passing Marcus Morris.
– Robinson’s 17 rebounds are the most by a Jayhawk in a conference game since Cole Aldrich pulled down 20 boards against Oklahoma on Feb. 23, 2009.
– Robinson’s 15 defensive rebounds are also the most by a Jayhawk since Aldrich grabbed 15 against Oklahoma in 2009.
– Robinson’s four assists matched a career high. He’s had four assists two other times (vs. North Dakota and vs. Towson) this season.
– Junior C Jeff Withey went 7-for-7 from the free throw line tonight and has made his last 10 attempts dating back to the Texas A&M game on Jan. 23.
– Senior G Tyshawn Taylor scored 21 points marking his sixth game of the season with 20-plus points with four coming in conference play.
– Taylor’s 21 points give him 1,301 in his career, moving him into 28th-place on KU’s all-time list. He passed Eric Chenowith (1,281) and Jo Jo White (1,286).
– Taylor recorded six assists, which gave him 505 in his career and moves him into eighth-place on KU’s all-time list, passing Russell Robinson.
Taylor’s two steals moved him into 18th-place on KU’s all-time list with 148 career steals. He passed Paul Pierce (147).