Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Texas
Feb. 11, 2008
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas‘ loss to Texas…<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
…Dropped KU to 23-2 on the season.
…Stopped a KU three-game winning streak against Texas and made the all-time series with UT 14-6 in favor of the Jayhawks.
…Was Texas’ third straight win against KU in Austin.
…Made Bill Self 128-31 while at KU, 335-136 overall and 4-6 all-time against Texas.
…Made Kansas 1,929-784 all-time.
– Kansas led at the half for the 21st time of the season. The Jayhawks had won all previous 20 games leading at the break.
– Darrell Arthur led KU in scoring with 22 points and in the process notched his second-straight game with 20 or more points. The only other time he had two such straight games was when he scored 22 against Oral Roberts and 26 against Towson in the second and third games of his career, respectively.
– It marked Arthur’s sixth 20+ point effort of his career.
– Arthur’s 22 points marked the third-straight game he scored in double figures and the 22nd game of the season.
– Sherron Collins posted four assists for the third straight game. It ties his season-most against a conference opponent.
– Mario Chalmers had five assists marking the fourth straight game he had at least that many. He is averaging six over that span.
– Sasha Kaun’s seven boards were his most during the conference season. His season-high of eight was established in the final non-conference game against Loyola.
– Brandon Rush’s 10 points gave him double-figures for the 17th time of the season and the ninth time in the last 10 games.