Feb. 12, 2011
No. 6/5 Texas A&M 81, Kansas 58
February 12, 2011 – Reed Arena (College Station, Texas)
KU’s loss against Texas A&M…
… Drops KU to 4-6 in road games this season.
… Moves the all-time series to 9-7 in Texas A&M’s favor
… Gives KU head coach Bonnie Henrickson an 0-7 record against the Aggies.
… Drops the Jayhawks to 289-288 against Big 12 teams all-time and 89-147 since the league’s formation
… Moves Henrickson to 112-104 at KU, 35-82 in Big 12 play and 270-166 all-time.
… Gives KU a 709-502 record all-time.
– Kansas used the lineup of Monica Engelman, Angel Goodrich and Diara Moore at guard and Aishah Sutherland and Tania Jackson at forward.
– The game was Texas A&M’s fifth-annual Beat The Hell Outta Breast Cancer game. The players wore pink uniforms and events were held to raise money to benefit the Kay Yow Foundation in honor of the late North Carolina head coach. The game was held in conjunction with the WBCA’s Pink Zone initiative.
– Danielle Adams’ 40 points was the most scored against a KU opponent this season. It was the first time an opponent scored more than 30 points against the Jayhawks since Oklahoma’s Andrea Riley scored 37 March 11, 2010 and the first time an opponent scored 40 points since P. Hill from Stephen F. Austin scored 41 Dec. 16, 1989.
– Adams’ 15 field goals broke the Kansas record for the most opponent field goals made. They were the most since Dec. 22, 1990 when Creighton player A. Spencer made 14.
– Keena Mays 12 turnovers were the most by a KU player this season.
– KU’s 31 turnovers were a season-high.