Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Iowa State
Feb. 12, 2011
KU’s Win over Iowa State …
… Made the Jayhawks 24-1 and gave them their fifth-consecutive 24-win season, dating back to 2005-06.
… Improved Kansas to 9-1 in Big 12 play. The Jayhawks have finished above .500 in conference play for 22 consecutive seasons, dating back to 1988-89.
… Gave KU its 12th-straight win against Iowa State and made the series 170-58 in favor of the Jayhawks.
… Marked KU’s sixth-straight win over the Cyclones in Allen Fieldhouse.
… Improved the Jayhawks to 13-1 at home this season, 664-107 all-time in Allen Fieldhouse and 126-7 at home under Head Coach Bill Self.
… Moved Bill Self to 226-44 while at Kansas, 433-149 all-time and 15-2 against Iowa State, including 14-2 at Kansas.
… Made KU 2,027-797 all-time.
– Kansas employed the starting lineup of G Tyrel Reed, G Tyshawn Taylor, G Brady Morningstar, F Markieff Morris and F Marcus Morris for the third-straight game and the 10th time this season.
– Since losing to Texas on Jan. 22, the Jayhawks have averaged 89.7 points per game.
– Kansas F Marcus Morris (16 points, 11 rebounds) and Markieff Morris (14 points, 11 rebounds) each recorded double-doubles. This marked the fourth time this season the twins have tallied double-doubles in the same game and the first since a Jan. 12 win at Iowa State.
– All 11 of Marcus Morris’ rebounds were on the defensive glass. His 11 defensive rebounds were a career high. It was the most defensive rebounds since Cole Aldrich had 14 against Missouri on Jan. 25 of last season.
– Marcus Morris moved into 38th place on KU’s all-time scoring list with 1,139 points.
– Markieff Morris recorded a career-high six assists in Saturday’s game.
– KU’s seven fouls committed were the fewest since at least the 1988-89 season, while the 19 combined fouls between the two teams are also the fewest in the same time period. The next closest is 21 combined fouls in a game between KU and UMBC in 1991.
– Kansas G Tyshawn Taylor’s 14 points scored are his most in a conference game since he scored 17 against Colorado on Feb. 20 of last season.
– G Tyshawn Taylor moved into 15th in career assists at KU with 346 dimes, passing Danny Manning (342) and Jerod Haase (343).
– G Brady Morningstar scored 13 points against Iowa State. Morningstar is averaging 14.2 points per game in KU’s last six games. Morningstar is shooting 46.3 percent (19-for-41) from the field and 60 percent (15-for-25) from beyond the three-point arc during this time.
– Brady Morningstar hit 3-of-4 three-pointers to move him into 11th all-time at KU with a 40.8 percentage (96-for-235). Morningstar also moved past teammate Tyshawn Taylor on KU’s career steals list with 116.
– Kansas G Tyrel Reed’s three steals are his highest in a conference game since he had three at Oklahoma State last season on Feb. 27.
– Reed made a pair of three-point field goals to tie Kevin Pritchard for 10th on KU’s all-time list with 154 in his career. Reed also moved into 11th in three-point attempts with 573.
– Iowa State’s 12 fouls are the fewest by a conference opponent since it also had 12 in a game last year on Feb. 13, 2010.
– KU’s 27 three-point field goal attempts are the most since it also shot 27 against Iowa State on Feb. 13 of last year.
– The Jayhawks’ nine turnovers are the fewest in a conference game since last season’s Iowa State game on Feb. 13. KU also had nine in that contest.
– Iowa State’s 14 three-point field goals are the most by a KU opponent since Texas made 14 on March 3, 2007. The Cyclones 32 three-point attempts are the most since Oklahoma State also attempted 32 on Feb. 7, 2009.
– ISU’s two free throws made tie for the fewest this season (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi), but are the fewest in a conference game since Kansas State made one charity on Feb. 22, 1992. The Cyclones two attempts are the fewest in a game since at least the 1988-89 season.
– Iowa State’s 19 assists are the most by an opponent this season.
– The teams’ 23 combined three-point field goals are the most in a game since Nebraska and KU combined for 23 on Feb. 24, 2002.
– The teams’ 59 three-point field goal attempts are the most in a conference game since before the 1988-89 season, eclipsing the previous high of 52 combined between Oklahoma and KU on Feb. 20, 1995.