Feb. 13, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON): Angel Goodrich (99/23), Monica Engelman (91/23), Chelsea Gardner (18/8), Carolyn Davis (93/23) and CeCe Harper (16/4).
- Improved the Jayhawks’ record to 15-8 overall, 6-6 in the Big 12.
- Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 153-129 (ninth season) and her career record to 311-191 (16th season).
- Made Henrickson’s all-time record against TCU to 1-1.
- Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 750-527.
- Gave KU a 4-5 record on the road this season, while the Jayhawks’ record against the Horned Frogs increased to 1-1 overall, 1-0 Big 12.
- Marked the first meeting between the two teams in Big 12 play and moved Kansas’ record in Daniel- Meyer Coliseum to 1-0. The school’s first meeting, Oct. 28, 2009, was in Freeport, Bahamas when the Horned Frogs defeated the Jayhawks, 74-69.
- KU trailed at half for the 11th time this season and have come back in 5-of-7 games.
- Kansas had 19 of its 23 turnovers in the first period, surpassing the team’s 16.9 percent season average.
- The Jayhawks allowed the most points in a first half this season (49), while the team suffered its largest halftime deficit (22). Baylor previously held both records, most recently when the Lady Bears led by 21 (Feb. 6) at the half and previously, January 13, 2013, when BU led, 46-30, into halftime.
- At the second half 18:12 mark, Kansas went on a 17-6 run that lasted 6:29 for a 46-58 score.
- Kansas had a season high of 23 turnovers.
- TCU committed a technical foul with 3:58 remaining, 63-67, and KU made three-of-four baskets from the line to come within one, 66-67.
- KU claimed its first lead of the game at the 3:27 mark, 68-67.
- The Jayhawks overcame its largest halftime deficit (22) to win since Feb. 13, 1988 when KU came back from a 16-point deficit to defeat Iowa State, 74-72.
- Senior forward Carolyn Davis added 19 points and 13 rebounds for KU, posting her third double-double this season, 21st career. This marked the senior’s 10th conference game scoring in double-digits and her 20th this season.
- Senior guard Angel Goodrich, who leads the Big 12 averaging 3.0 steals per game, led the Jayhawks with 10 assists, tying her season high, and five steals.
- Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner grabbed a career high of 18 rebounds, 15 off the defensive glass, and led the team for the 11th time this season.
- Senior guard Monica Engelmanbroke her career high (24) and led the Jayhawks with 26 points.
- Sophomore guard Asia Boyd came one point short of a career high (15) with 14 points, including three baskets from beyond the arc.