Feb. 21, 2013
KU STARTERS (Season/Career Starts): C Jeff Withey (26/66), G Elijah Johnson (26/72), G Ben McLemore (26/26), G Travis Releford (26/68), F Kevin Young (22/22)
SERIES INFO: Kansas leads the overall series 107-54.
- Makes Kansas 22-4 on the season and gives KU 22 wins for the 24th-consecutive season and 30th time in the last 31 seasons (starting in 1983-84).
- Gives Kansas 10 conference wins for the 19th-straight season and 51st time overall.
- Make KU 10-3 or better in conference play for the fifth-straight season.
- Improves Bill Self to 291-57 while at Kansas, 498-162 overall and 11-8 all-time against his alma mater, 9-6 while at KU.
- Makes KU 2,092-810 all-time.
- Kansas played in just its second overtime game this season and owns a 2-0 record when games go to extra time, also winning at home against Iowa State to open Big 12 Conference play. Kansas evened its all-time record in double-overtime games at 6-6.
- Kansas and Oklahoma State went back-and-forth in the first half with 12 lead changes and 10 ties, including a 26-26 tie at the break. It was the first time Kansas and its opponent ended the first half knotted up.
- The largest lead of the first half was three points at 15-12 after a pair of free throws by OSU’s Phil Forte. Kansas owned the game’s largest lead at five points after an Elijah Johnson jumper in the lane with 14:50 to play in the second half. The margin matched the five points at Texas (1/19) for the smallest lead in a win for Kansas this season.
- It was clear Kansas was looking to score inside and found success with 44 points in the paint. It was the most points in the paint for Kansas in Big 12 play and most inside since a season-high 54 against Richmond (12/18).
- Kansas shot 1-for-11 from beyond the three-point arc but extended its streak of games with a made three-pointer to 192 games.
- Senior C Jeff Withey scored 17 points and tallied a season-high 14 rebounds to post his 10th double-double of the season and 16th of his career. Withey matched a season- and career-high in both free throws made (11) and free throws attempted (14).He also swatted four shots to add to his KU career record total (269) and move to 104 on the season.
- Senior G Travis Releford’s 18 points was his highest total in Big 12 Conference play this season and most since scoring 19 against American (12/29). Releford finished 7-of-10 from the field, with two misses coming from the three-point line.
- Senior F Kevin Young was one rebound away from tying a career high with 11 rebounds. It was the fifth time this season that he recorded double-digit boards.
- Senior G Elijah Johnson continued to score at an efficient clip, knocking in 10 points on 5-of -9 shooting after hitting 5-of-10 against Texas Monday.