Feb. 22, 2009
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 58, Iowa State 47
Feb. 22, 2009
Kansas‘ win over Iowa State…
…improves the team’s record to 14-11 overall and 3-9 in Big 12 play.
…gives KU a 42-23 series edge against Iowa State.
…improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record to 71-76 at Kansas, 229-138 overall and to 5-5 all-time over Iowa State.
… makes KU 667-474 all time.
… marks KU’s first win over a ranked team since defeating #23/24 Texas on Jan. 3, 2006.
– Kansas held Iowa State to just 27.3% shooting from the field, including 18.8% in the second half. This marks the lowest field goal percentage for any team against Kansas in Big 12 play and the lowest since the Jayhawks held Pepperdine to 26.6% shooting on Dec. 23, 2008.
– Kansas shot 94.7% (18-19) from the free-throw line marking their highest percentage of the season.
– The game included four ties and four lead changes. The Jayhawks took the lead for good at the 9:30 mark when Danielle McCray scored a two-pointer.
– The attendance of 7,069 marks the seventh largest crowd ever to watch a women’s basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse.
– Sophomore Danielle McCray had a career high in rebounds with 16, besting her previous high of 13 which was last achieved Dec. 7, 2008 against Marquette. She also tied a career high in blocks with three.
– McCray also pumped in 24 points, marking her 13th 20+ scoring performance of the season. McCray has now notched five double-doubles this season.
– Sophomore Krysten Boogaard tied a season-high in blocks with three. She last achieved the feat on Jan. 14, 2009 against Missouri.
– Senior Ivana Catic tied her best assist output during Big 12 play with six.
– The combination of Morris and McCray continue their clutch free-throw shooting late in games. They combined for a perfect 8-8 from the line in the last five minutes today and are a combined 93% (39-42) from the line in the last five minutes of games this season.
– Boogaard and McCray combined to score the Jayhawks first 18 points of the second half.