Tennis To Host Utah
Feb. 25, 2005
Lawrence, Kan. – The University of Kansas tennis team looks to get back in to the win column on Sunday, with a home dual against the Utah Utes, in Topeka, Kan., at the Wood Valley Racquet Club. The match is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.
The Jayhawks enter the dual on a six-match losing streak after two tough losses against Penn State and Yale this past weekend. KU’s record stands at 1-6 on the season.
The Kansas duo of junior Christine Skoda and sophomore Ashley Filberth will look to improve on their 3-0 record this weekend.
“Our doubles teams have come out with a lot of energy and we need to carry that energy over to singles,” Kansas head coach Amy Hall-Holt said. “Right now we have to give a lot of effort and the players need to keep motivating each other and we have to want to win.”
Utah comes into the match with a 7-3 record. Last season, the Utes edged the Jayhawks, 4-3, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Kansas leads the all-time series 10-5.
After the home dual, the `Hawks will head to Iowa for matches against Big 12 foe Iowa State and the University of Iowa, March 5 and 6.
– The duo of Ashley Filberth and Christine Skoda are 3-0 since they took over the role of number two doubles on Feb. 13.
– This season the Jayhawks are 10-8 in three-set matches.
– Kansas is 1-1 when it earns the point for doubles play.
– Last season, Utah defeated Kansas 4-3, on Feb. 14, 2004, in Salt Lake City.
-The Jayhawks are 10-5 all-time against Utah.
– Kansas boasts a 21-63 record in singles competition on the season and a 9-34 mark this spring.