Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Oklahoma
Feb. 26, 2011
Kansas’ Win Over Oklahoma…
…Made KU 27-2 overall and gave the Jayhawks at least 27 victories for the fifth-straight season.
…Made KU 12-2 in Big 12 play and gave KU 12 victories in league play for the 11th-straight season.
…Made KU 8-1 in true road games this season and 12-1 in games played away from Allen Fieldhouse.
…Gave KU its seventh-straight win against Oklahoma.
…Made the KU-OU series 136-64 in favor of the Jayhawks.
…Made Bill Self 229-45 while at Kansas, 436-150 all-time and 8-3 against Oklahoma, 8-1 while at Kansas.
…Made KU 2,030-798 all-time.
– Kansas’ starting five was Brady Morningstar, Tyrel Reed, Elijah Johnson, Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris for the second straight game.
– Kansas shot an impressive 70.8 percent (17-of-24) from the field in the first half, but it was only the second-best single half performance of the season. KU shot 79.3 percent in the first half at Baylor earlier in the year.
– Marcus Morris passed Jacque Vaughn (1,207), Greg Dreiling (1,209) and Scot Pollard (1,209) for 31st place on the KU all-time scoring list. He now has 1,218 points in his career.
– Marcus Morris reached double-figure scoring for the 18th straight game and 27th game this season. It was his 62nd career double-figure scoring game. He has led KU in scoring 14 times this season including four of the last six outings.
– Marcus Morris’ 23 points marked his 9th 20+point game of the season and the 14th of his career. He also reached the 500 point plateau for the season (501).
– Markieff Morris finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season. That ties Wayne Simien (2004) and Eric Chenowith (1999) for 11th place on the KU single season list.
– Markieff Morris scored in double figures for the 23rd time this season and the 32nd time in his career. He has 13 double-figure rebounding games this season.
– Brady Morningstar passed Billy Thomas for 23rd place on the all-time KU steals list. He now has 122 after picking up two against Oklahoma.
– Morningstar had four assists against three turnovers, but still owns a 56-10 assist/turnover ratio in Big 12 play.
– Josh Selby’s three rebounds were his most since he had three in the Texas Tech game.
– In his second game back since injury, Thomas Robinson played 10 minutes and collected five rebounds. He has at least five boards in 18 games of the 24 he has played this season.
– Former KU players Nick Collison and Cole Aldrich, both currently of the Oklahoma City Thunder, attended the game.