Feb. 28, 2009
Kansas 70, Nebraska 57
Feb. 28, 2009
Kansas‘ win over Nebraska…
…improves the team’s record to 16-11 overall and 5-9 in Big 12 play.
…gives KU a 47-28 series lead over Nebraska.
…improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record to 73-76 at Kansas, 231-138 overall and to 4-7 all-time against Nebraska.
… makes KU 669-474 all time.
… marks the first time that the Jayhawks have won three straight Big 12 Conference games since the 1999-2000 season.
– Four Kansas players scored in double figures. Danielle McCray (18), Sade Morris (15), Aishah Sutherland (12), and Ivana Catic (10). It was the fourth time this season that four Jayhawks scored in double figures, the last time was on Feb. 18, 2009 against Colorado.
– The Jayhawks opened the game on a 10-0 run.
– Nebraska went on a 19-5 run over the final 8:21 of the first half to take a 31-28 halftime lead.
– After Nebraska tied the game 37-37, Kansas went on an 18-2 run over a 4:37 span in the second half from 13:09 to 3:32. The run gave KU their largest lead of the game which was 16 points.
– Kansas’ 12 turnovers is the lowest total since turning it over only 10 times against Kansas State on Jan. 24, 2009.
– Aishah Sutherland’s 12 points and eight rebounds all came in the second half. Sutherland’s eight rebounds led the team. Sutherland also set a career high in free throw attempts with nine.
– Ivana Catic recorded a season high with 10 points on 5-of-10 shooting. Her five made field goals and 10 field goal attempts also are season highs.
– Danielle McCray has now scored in double figures in 24 of the 27 games this season.
– Sade Morris shot 9-of-10 from the foul line to post a season high and tie her career high of nine makes.
– Nicollette Smith tied her career and season high by playing 39 minutes. Smith also tied a career and season high with four assists.