Tennis To Play Two In Iowa
March 4, 2005
Lawrence, Kan. – The University of Kansas tennis team looks to get back into the win column this weekend with matches against Iowa State and Iowa, March 5 and 6. The Jayhawks will face Big 12 foe Iowa State on Saturday at noon in Ames, Iowa, before heading to Iowa City for a match against the Iowa Hawkeyes on Sunday at 10 a.m.
Currently the Jayhawks are 1-7 on the season after dropping a match to Utah this past weekend, 5-2. KU is 0-1 in Big 12 play as the `Hawks lost to Texas on Feb. 13.
Last season, the Jayhawks defeated the Cyclones, 6-1, in Lawrence. KU leads the all-time series against Iowa State, 20-1. KU did not fare as well against Iowa as the Hawkeyes won, 6-1, in Lawrence.
After the trip to Iowa, KU will return home to Big 12 action against Nebraska on March 12.
– The duo of Ashley Filberth and Christine Skoda is 3-1 at No. 2 doubles this season.
– Elizaveta Avdeeva has a two-match winning streak since moving to No. 2 singles.
– This season the Jayhawks are 10-10 in three-set matches.
– Kansas is 1-2 when it earns the point for doubles play.
– Last season, KU defeated Iowa State 6-1, in Lawrence, but lost to Iowa, 6-1.
– The Jayhawks are 20-1 all-time against Iowa State.
– Kansas boasts a 22-68 record in singles competition on the season. Kansas is 14-31 in doubles.