March 5, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON): Angel Goodrich (105/29), Monica Engelman (97/29), Chelsea Gardner (24/14), Carolyn Davis (99/29) and Markisha Hawkins (1/1).
– Improved the Jayhawks’ record to 17-12 overall, 8-10 in the Big 12.
– Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 155-133 (ninth season) and her career record to 313-195 (16th season).
– Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 752-531.
– Made Henrickson’s all-time record against TCU 2-1, while the Jayhawks improved to 2-1in the overall series.
– Gave Kansas a 1-0 record against the Horned Frogs in TCU’s first trip to Allen Fieldhouse.
– Broke the Jayhawks’ longest losing streak of the season (four games).
– By the 13:30 mark of the first half, TCU sank six treys, shooting 6-for-8, to lead, 20-12. For the night, the Horned Frogs shot 47.6 percent from three-point land, going 10-for-21.
– Tonight, the Jayhawks started off cold from the three-point arc, shooting 0-for-5, and sunk their first trey with 5:02 remaining in the first period. KU managed to tally three before halftime, including two from Hawkins. Kansas has averaged 42 percent (32-for-76) from three-point arc over the past four games.
– The Jayhawks went on a 14-4 run, which started at the 8:04 mark and lasted 5:35, to take the lead, 33-30.
– When KU traveled to Fort Worth, Texas (2/13) Kansas trailed, 49-27, going into halftime and overcame its largest halftime deficit in Jayhawk history with the 22-point comeback. Tonight KU led, 37-36, going into halftime for the first time in four games, all four of which were losses.
– Kansas boasts a 29-6 record when Davis tallies 20 or more points in a game.
– In the two teams’ first conference meeting (2/13), TCU freshman Zahna Medley posted 35 points, including seven treys. Tonight the Jayhawk defense held her to five points, scoring one from beyond the arc.
– KU outrebounded TCU for the second time this season, with an 11-board advantage tonight (44-33) and a difference of 24 rebounds (58-24) in Fort Worth (2/13).
– Senior forward Carolyn Davis recorded her fifth double-double this season and 23rd of her four-year Kansas career. She scored 17 of her 27 points before halftime, shooting 9-for-12 from the field. With 27 points, Davis posted her eighth 20-plu-point game of the 2012-13 season and 35th of her career.
– Senior guard Angel Goodrich broke her season assists high with 12 dimes. Goodrich finished the regular season tallying 727 career assists and she now ranks seventh in Big 12 history for assists. The senior tied her season low chipping in two points.
– Senior guard Monica Engelman, for the first time this season, posted her fourth consecutive game scoring double digit points (14).
– Junior transfer guard Markisha Hawkins recorded a career high 15 points, including another career high two (2-for-5) three-point baskets in her first Jayhawk career start. During the 2012-13 campaign, Hawkins has seen the floor in 10 games.