Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Kansas State
March 7, 2006
<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Kansas’ loss to Kansas State…
…Makes the Jayhawks 16-12 overall.
…Makes KU 40-52 all-time against the Wildcats, including a 5-6 mark in neutral site contests.
…Gives K-State its 11th straight win over the Jayhawks.
…Makes the team 0-1 on neutral sites this year.
…Moves KU’s record to 6-10 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
…Gives head coach Bonnie Henrickson a 28-28 record at Kansas and a 186-90 record overall.
…Makes the Jayhawks 625-426 all-time.
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Taylor McIntosh, Crystal Kemp, Kaylee Brown, Sharita Smith and Erica Hallman for the third time this season.
– Marija Zinic (10th time this season) and Jamie Boyd (3rd time this season) were the first KU players off the bench.
– Zinic was a perfect 12-of-12 from the free throw line and set KU records in the Big 12 tournament for FTs made, FTs attempted and FT percentage.
– With her 13-point, nine-rebound effort, Crystal Kemp became the sixth player in KU history to record 1,600 points and 800 rebounds. She has 1,605 points and 807 rebounds during her career.
– Kaylee Brown scored KU’s first points of the game for the fourth time this season.
– With four 3-point attempts, Brown moved into fifth-place on KU’s list for career 3-pointers attempted.
– Erica Hallman moved into a tie for fifth-place on KU’s single-season chart for 3-point field goals made. She now has 58 three’s this season.
– KU’s bench outscored K-State’s bench 14-0 in the first half and 27-16 in the game.
– Shaquina Mosley’s 3-pointer near the start of the second half was her third this season and first since Nov. 27 against Northeastern.
– KU’s 17 free throws in the game tied a school record for most made FTs in the Big 12 tournament.
– KU dropped to 9-5 when outrebounding the opponent this season. KU grabbed 31 boards in the game while KSU collected 29.
– KU fell to 1-5 when scoring between 50-59 points.