Iowa State 77, Kansas 62 Postgame Notes
March 9, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON):
- Angel Goodrich (107/31), Monica Engelman (99/31), Chelsea Gardner (26/16), Carolyn Davis (101/31) and Markisha Hawkins (3/3).
- Dropped the Jayhawks’ record to 18-13 overall, 1-1 in the Big 12 Championship.
- Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 156-134 (ninth season) and her career record to 314-196 (16th season).
- Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 753-532.
- Made Henrickson’s all-time record against ISU 7-13, while the Jayhawks fell to 45-30 in the overall series against the Cyclones.
- Gave Kansas a 4-8 record all-time in the second round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship and handed KU its eighth straight loss in second round play.
- Iowa State went on an 18-7 run, beginning at the 10:55 mark, that lasted 7:47. The run gave the Cyclones its largest first half lead, 30-18.
- The first time since 2008 in Kansas Big 12 Championship history at least three or more players (TCU 3/8; Boyd, Davis, Gardner, Goodrich, Hawkins; ISU 3/9; Davis, Goodrich, Gardner) chipped in double digit points.
- Senior forward Carolyn Davis set a career high four assists, breaking her previous record (3) she recorded against Iowa State (1/11/12) and led the Jayhawks with 17 points.
- Senior guard Angel Goodrich led with most assists in both tournament games (TCU eight; ISU seven).
- Junior transfer guard Markisha Hawkins recorded career high of two steals.