March 12, 2005
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas Postgame Notes<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
No. 10 OklahomaState 78, No. 9 Kansas 75
March 12, 2005
Kansas‘ loss to OklahomaState…
…Makes Kansas 23-6.
…Gives the Jayhawks their third straight loss in the Big 12 semifinals.
…Makes KU 4-4 in Big 12 tourney semifinal play.
…Gives KU a 70-24 record in games played at Kemper Arena.
…Makes Bill Self 47-15 at KU, 254-120 overall, 11-7 in league tournament play including a 2-2 mark while at Kansas.
…Makes Kansas 1848-768 all-time.
…Drops KU to 46-22 all-time in league tournament play including a 16-6 mark in the Big 12 tourney.
– Senior Wayne Simien moved into 12th place on the all-time career scoring list with 1,569 points.
– Simien recorded his second 30-plus point game of the season.
– Simien tied a career-high with 12 made field goals.
– Simien tied a Kansas season-high with 17 two-point field goal attempts.
– Senior Aaron Miles recorded a season-high 11 assists.
– Miles’ 11 assist game marks the 21st time in his career he has recorded 10-plus dimes as well as his fourth of the season.
– Senior Michael Lee scored a season-high 14 points.
– Freshman C.J. Giles recorded his first bucket since Feb. 16 against IowaState.
– Giles tied a career-high with three blocked shots.
– Kansas tied season-lows with 10 free throw attempts and one steal.
– OklahomaState’s 48 second half points marked the most points scored in a half by a KU opponent this season.
– OklahomaState’s five turnovers were a Kansas opponent season-low.