March 11, 2008
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas 73, Nebraska 67<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
March 11, 2008
Big 12 Championship
Kansas’ win over Nebraska
… Makes KU 16-14 overall.
… Gives KU a 46-27 advantage in the all-time record with Nebraska, including a 1-1 mark in Big 12 Postseason play and 9-2 record on neutral courts.
… Makes KU 1-0 during the 2008 Big 12 Championships and 8-11 all-time during the Big 12 Tournament.
… Makes head coach Bonnie Henrickson 56-63 at KU, 214-125 overall and 3-6 versus Nebraska.
– KU used a starting lineup of Danielle McCray, LaChelda Jacobs, Sade Morris, Taylor McIntosh and Krysten Boogard for the second straight game. It is the Jayhawks’ sixth different lineup of the season.
– McIntosh notched her fifth double-double of the season and ninth of her career with 13 points and 11 rebounds. It also marks the 10th time this season she has scored in double-digit points and the fifth time pulling down 10 or more rebounds.
– McIntosh’s eight defensive rebounds ties a season best.
– Morris added 13 points, her 16th time in double figures.
– Morris also had a season-high four steals as well as a game-high six assists.
– Jacobs was one shy of her career high in assists with five.
– Kelly Kohn scored a season-best 11 points, her first time scoring with double digits this season.
– Nicollette Smith pulled down nine rebounds, her most since tallying 10 in the season opener (Nov. 11). She also tied a career-high three steals.
– KU’s win over Nebraska marks the second straight year the Jayhawks have upset the No. 6 seed. Last year, Kansas defeated OklahomaState 71-62.
– KU is 14-3 when leading at halftime.
– Kansas dished out 20 assists, its third time with 20 or more dimes this season and first time since notching 22 against St. Louis on Dec. 2.
– The Jayhawks stole 12 balls against Nebraska, its ninth contest with 10 or more thefts.
– Kansas showed balance as 7-of-9 Jayhawks who played in the first 20 minutes of the game tallied at least two points.