March 12, 2008
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas 62, OklahomaState 82<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
March 12, 2008
Big 12 Championship
Kansas‘ loss to OklahomaState…
… Makes KU 16-15 overall.
… Gives KU a 28-22 all-time record over OklahomaState, including a 5-4 mark in games played on neutral courts.
… Earns KU an 8-12 all-time record in the Big 12 Tournament, including a 3-1 mark against OklahomaState.
… Makes head coach Bonnie Henrickson 56-64 at KU, 214-126 overall and 3-3 versus OklahomaState.
– Danielle McCray ended the contest with a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds for her seventh double-double of the season. It marks McCray’s 24th contest with 10 or more points and the first time since Jan. 19 with 12 boards.
– Krysten Boogaard finished with 17 points, including 11 in the second half. It was her highest output since scoring 17 on Feb. 20 (six games).
– LaChelda Jacobs poured in double figure points for the second time in three games with 15 to tie her season high.
– Jacobs also played all 40 minutes of the contest, a career high.
– Sade Morris led the team with four assists for the third game in a row.
– Kansas pulled down 40 rebounds, its ninth 40-plus rebound outing and third against a Big 12 foe.
– OSU’s victory marks the first time the Cowgirls have defeated Kansas in Big 12 Tournament play.
– The Cowgirls’ 82 points were the most allowed by a KU opponent this season.