Kansas vs. Northern Iowa Postgame Notes
March 16, 2006
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 59, Northern Iowa 49
March 16, 2006 – Lawrence, Kan.<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Kansas’ victory over Northern Iowa…
- Makes the Jayhawks 17-12 overall.
- Gives KU its first postseason win since defeating Marquette in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in 1999.
- Gives KU a 5-0 record all-time against Northern Iowa, including a 3-0 record in Allen Fieldhouse.
- Makes KU 16-4 at home this season.
- Makes Kansas 4-3 all-time in the postseason WNIT.
- Improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record to 29-28 at Kansas and 187-90 in her career.
- Makes the Jayhawks 625-427 all-time.
- With her 13 points, senior guard Erica Hallman moved into 14th place all-time on the Kansas’ career scoring list. She now has 1,170 for her career. She moved past Lisa Dougherty, who scored 1,163.
- Hallman moved into ninth place all-time on Kansas’ career minutes list, giving her 3,362 minutes played in a Kansas uniform. She moved past Jaclyn Johnson (3,354).
- Hallman also moved up on several of Kansas’ individual season record lists. Her 3-pointer gives her 59 for the season, good for fifth place. Her three 3-point attempts gives her 159 for the season, which moves her into fourth place and her six assists gives her 120 for the season, vaulting her into 11th place.
- Hallman tied a season high with her two steals.
- Senior forward Crystal Kemp’s 38 minutes moved her into sixth place all-time on Kansas’ career minutes list. She has now played 3,586 minutes in her career as a Jayhawk. She moved past KU legend Angela Aycock (3,577).
- Kemp set a new season high with her 21 field-goal attempts.
- Freshman forward Marija Zinic’s 13 points were one off her career high. She accounted for all 13 of the Jayhawks’ bench points.
- Northern Iowa’s 31.5 field goal percentage marked a new KU opponent season low. The Panthers also tied KU opponent season lows with its 21 first half points and two steals.