Kansas Tennis Drops First Big 12 Match to Texas A&M, 7-0
March 20, 2010
COLLEGE STATION, Texas –
In the first Big 12 match of the season, the Kansas women’s tennis team fell to Texas A&M, 7-0, at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center in College Station, Texas on Friday.
KU’s record dropped to 8-5 while the Aggies improved their record to 6-5.
The Jayhawks surrendered the early doubles point, dropping all three matches, two of which were to doubles tandems.
Singles did not fare much better, as sophomore Ekaterina Morozova dropped to No. 63 Elzé Potgieter, freshman Sara Lazarevic lost to No. 67 Nazari Urbina and junior Maria Martinez fell to No. 111 Morgan Frank. Senior Kunigunda Dorn, Wilbert and freshman Victoria Khanevskaya also suffered defeats in singles play.
Kansas takes the court again in Austin, Texas to face No. 32 Texas at noon on Sunday.
Check back to www.kuathletics.com/tennis for complete results.
Texas A&M 7, Kansas 0
1. (#63) Elzé Potgieter (TAMU) def. Katerina Morozova (KU), 6-3, 6-0
2. (#67 Nazari Urbina (TAMU) def. Sara Lazarevic (KU), 6-1, 6-1
3. (#111) Morgan Frank (TAMU) def. Maria Martinez (KU), 6-1, 6-0
4. Lauren Santacroce (TAMU) def. Kunigunda Dorn (KU), 6-4, 6-4
5. Christi Liles (TAMU) def. Erin Wilbert (KU), 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 1-0 (4)
6. Sheri Olivier (TAMU) def. Victoria Khanevskaya, 6-2, 6-3
1. Potgieter/Urbina (TAMU) def. Morozova/Wilbert (KU), 8-5
2. Stephanie Davidson/Frank (TAMU) def. Dorn/Lazarevic (KU), 8-1
3. Liles/Olivier (TAMU) def. Alessandra Dzuba/Martinez (KU), 8-2