Kansas Postgame Notes vs. UNLV
March 22, 2008
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas‘ Win Over UNLV…<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
…Improved KU to 33-3 on the season, and matched last season’s 33-wins.
…Extended Kansas’ winning streak to nine games, the second longest of the season (20-0 to open the year).
…Advanced KU to its 25th NCAA Tournament Sweet 16, including its sixth time in the last eight seasons dating back to 2001.
…Gave KU a 78-36 record all-time in the NCAA tourney.
…Made KU 5-1 in NCAA Championship games played in the state of Nebraska.
…Made KU 4-0 against UNLV.
…Made KU 5-0 in neutral site games this season and 13-3 away from Allen Fieldhouse in 2007-08 (8-3 away, 5-0 neutral).
…Made Bill Self 138-32 at Kansas, 315-137 all time and 18-9 in the NCAA Tournament (8-4 while at Kansas).
…Made Kansas 1,939-785 all time.
– Kansas’ starting five logged 155 minutes, which was the second most of the season behind 162 at IowaState on Feb. 27
– Russell Robinson’s 13 points marked the first time he reached double figures since scoring 11 at Texas A&M in the regular season finale. It was the most Robinson had scored in an NCAA Tournament game since he netted 16 against Niagara on March 16, 2007.
– Brandon Rush nailed two 3-pointers to move his season total to 75, which ties his effort from last season for ninth place on the KU single season list. The two treys increased his career total to 200 made threes and tied him with Terry Brown (1990-91) for fourth place on the KU career list.
– Mario Chalmers upped his career scoring total to 1,285 and moved past Eric Chenowith (1,281 from 1998-2001) for 26th place on the all-time KU scoring list. His next point will tie him with the legendary Jo Jo White.
– The double-digit scoring performance for Chalmers (17 points) was his third straight and 25th of the season. Chalmers has averaged 21.0 points over his last three outings.
– Chalmers two steals pushed his season to total to 85 and gave him sole possession of sixth place on KU’s single season list.
– Robinson had three steals to increase his season total to 73 and tie him for 11th on KU’s single season list with Nick Bradford (2000), Darnell Valentine (1980) and himself from 2007.
– Darnell Jackson moved up two spots on the KU career rebounding list. His nine boards made his career total 587 and pushed him past Keith Langford (584 from 2002-05) and Kenneth Koenigs (585 from 1975-78).
– Rush fouled out for just the second time in his career. The first was against Baylor earlier this season.
– Darrell Arthur has shot 66.7 percent (18-of-27) over the last three games and averaged 7.0 boards per game over his last four outings.
– Rush scored in double figures (12) for the fourth straight game and is averaging 19.3 over that span.
– Rush has collected six rebounds in three-straight games has had at least six boards 16 times this season.
– Kansas’ nine assists were its fewest since dishing just seven at OklahomaState. It marked only the third time of the season Kansas had less than 10 assists.
– Senior Rodrick Stewart did not suit up due to illness. It was the second game of the season he did not suit up as he also did not dress at IowaState on Feb. 27 to attend his brother’s funeral.