March 23, 2009
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 79, Creighton 64
March 23, 2009
…made Kansas 19-13 for the first time since 1999-2000 season.
…gave the Jayhawks a 19-12 mark versus Creighton.
…gave Kansas a win in its first game of the WNIT for the third-straight appearance.
…marked KU’s fifth-straight win over Creighton, including its second win over the Bluejays this season.
…made KU 672-476 all-time.
– The Jayhawks scored 79 points, markings its highest output in a game since Jan. 7 against Fairfield.
– After the Jayhawks began the game 0-7 from the field, they shot 33-54 (61%) for the remainder of the game.
– The Jayhawks closed the first half on a 38-15 run.
– Kansas outscored Creighton in the paint 48-22.
– The Jayhawks held a 13-2 fast break points advantage over Creighton.
– The Jayhawks will meet Arkansas in the third round of the WNIT Thursday, March 26 at 7 p.m. in Allen Fieldhouse.
– Freshman Aishah Sutherland recorded her first career double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Her 15 points marks her career-high in points, while her 12 rebounds tied her career-high. Sutherland also tied a career-high in minutes played with 32.
– Senior Ivana Catic recorded seven assists and just one turnover. The Serbian native now has recorded 19 assists and only two turnovers over her last three games.
– Junior Danielle McCray scored 25 points and pulled down 13 rebounds for her eighth double-double of the season. McCray has scored over 20 points in her last five games and on 19 occasions this season. McCray also logged 40 minutes of playing time for the fourth time this season.
– McCray and fellow junior Sade Morris combined for 46 points. The junior duo has now combined for at least 30 points in the Jayhawks’ last eight games.