Kansas Tennis Falls to No. 43 Nebraska, 5-2
March 28, 2010
LAWRENCE, Kan. –
Despite an undefeated performance by sophomore Erin Wilbert, the Kansas tennis team fell to No. 43 Nebraska in a 5-2 decision at the Jayhawk Tennis Facility on Sunday.
Wilbert paired with teammate Ekaterina Morozova at the No. 1 doubles spot to defeat Nebraska 8-5. She also recorded the lone singles win for the Jayhawks in her victory over Janine Weinreich in three sets.
KU’s No. 2 doubles team of freshman Sara Lazarevic and senior Kunigunda Dorn also defeated Nebraska and scored the doubles point for the Jayhawks.
Kansas fell to 9-7 overall and 1-3 in Big 12 play, while Nebraska improved to 14-3 overall and 4-0 in the Big 12.
The Jayhawks hit the road to take on Kansas State in Manhattan, Kan. on Thursday, April 1 at 2 p.m.
Check back to www.kuathletics.com/tennis for complete results.
Nebraska 5, Kansas 2
- Morozova/Wilbert (KU) def. Geibert/Weinstein (NU), 8-5
- Dorn/Lazarevic (KU) def. Weinreich/Swarting (NU), 8-3
- Weatherholt/Holmbert (NU) def. Martinez/Khanevskaya (KU), 8-3
- No. 70 Mary Weatherholt (NU) def. Ekaterina Morozova (KU), 6-4, 6-0
- Madeleine Geibert (NU) def. Sara Lazarevic (KU), 6-4, 6-4
- Wiveca Swarting (NU) def. Maria Martinez (KU), 6-1, 6-1
- Stefanie Weinstein (NU) def. Kunigunda Dorn (KU), 6-4, 3-6, 6-2
- Erin Wilbert (KU) def. Janine Weinreich (NU), 6-2 ,4-6, 6-3
- Jennifer Holmberg (NU) def. Victoria Khanevskaya (KU), 6-1, 6-1