DEPARTMENT ORGANIZATION (300)
The Chief Executive Officer of Kansas Athletics is the Director of Athletics who reports to the Chancellor of the University.
In addition, the Director of Athletics works closely with the:
- University General Counsel
- Faculty Athletics Representative
- Kansas Athletics’ Board of Directors
- Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics
- Director of KU Alumni Association
- Director of KU Endowment Association
A high degree of coordination and cooperation among departments and their heads is crucial to the operation of Kansas Athletics. The coaching, training, academic, development, facilities management, business, and public relations activities are all interrelated and interdependent. Departments must work closely together to provide for the implementation of academic, coaching and administrative policies and procedures throughout Kansas Athletics.
On the following page is an organizational chart which describes the reporting and organizational structure of Kansas Athletics’ employees.