No. 2 Notre Dame 93, Kansas 63 | Postgame Notes
March 31, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON):
- Angel Goodrich (110/34), Monica Engelman (102/34), Chelsea Gardner (29/19), Carolyn Davis (104/34) and Markisha Hawkins (6/6).
- Kansas entered the 2013 NCAA Tournament as the No. 12 seed and in the first regional round played No. 1 seed Notre Dame in the Norfolk Regional. This season marked the Jayhawks’ 13th run in the NCAA Tournament and second consecutive season in the tournament since 2000 when Kansas went for nine-straight seasons.
- The 2013 NCAA Tournament marks the ninth season, second consecutive, the Jayhawks have been in the tournament. Kansas has advanced to its second-straight NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 and fourth in school history.
- Dropped the Jayhawks’ record to 20-14 overall.
- Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 158-135 (ninth season) and her career record to 316-197 (16th season).
- Moved the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 755-533.
- Made Henrickson’s all-time record against Notre Dame 1-6, but it marked the first meeting between Kansas and the Fighting Irish.
- Gave Kansas an 0-2 all-time record while playing in Norfolk, Va. The last time the Jayhawks traveled to Norfolk was Dec. 8, 1979 when KU lost to Old Dominion, 90-59.
- Dropped the Jayhawks’ record to 0-4 in the first regional round of the NCAA Tournament; Kansas is 4-2 under Henrickson in the tournament, 13-13 all-time.
- At the first half 15:08 mark, Notre Dame 18-6 run, which lasted 6:53, for a 27-21 score. Notre Dame’s Skylar Diggins contributed 13 of the team’s points during the run.
- The Fighting Irish went on a 12-4 run, starting at the 4:51 mark, and headed into intermission with a 40-27 lead.
- Notre Dame opened the second half with a 21-9 run, which lasted 6:16, for a 64-38 score.
- The Jayhawks went on a 7-0 run at the 13:28, 45-66, and the Kansas scoring streak lasted 1:54.
- The Fighting Irish’s Diggins tied for the second most points (27) any KU NCAA opponent has posted in tournament play and also tied for second with most made field goals (11).
- Kansas committed its third least amount of turnovers (12) in NCAA action.
- ND tallied 53 during the second half, the second most by a KU NCAA opponent.
- The Jayhawks recorded their lowest three-point field goal percentage in the NCAA tournament with 20 percent (2-for-10).
- Senior forward Carolyn Davis tallied 14 points before halftime and led the Jayhawks with 25. Davis recorded her ninth season, 36th career game scoring 20 plus points.
- Senior guard Angel Goodrich, at the second half 19:00 mark, recorded the most minutes played by any Jayhawk in school history ( 3,917). The senior broke her season assists high, tallying 13, and finished her Jayhawk career with the most assists in KU history (771).