Jayhawks-Tigers Face Off at Kauffman Stadium Wednesday
April 6, 2011
Missouri vs. Kansas
Wednesday, April 6 – 5:30 p.m.
Kauffman Stadium (37,903) – Kansas City, Mo.
– Kansas faces Border Showdown rival Missouri for the fourth time at Kauffman Stadium. KU is 3-0 against the Tigers at the home of the Kansas City Royals.
– The Jayhawks rank 10th in the Big 12 with a .242 batting average and seventh in the conference with a 3.75 ERA.
– Kansas first baseman Zac Elgie and designated hitter James Stanfield each collected two hits in Tuesday night’s loss to Missouri State.
– Stanfield extended his hitting streak to seven games. During his streak, the Kansas junior is batting .481 (13-for-27) with a double, triple and six multi-hit games.
– Elgie has also swung a hot bat lately, raising his batting average by 63 points since March 15. Over that span, the junior first baseman has gone 15-for-42 (.357) with four doubles, one homer and nine RBIs.
– Kansas starting pitcher Thomas Taylor has allowed just three walks in 23 2/3 innings this season (1.14 BB/9 IP).
– Four runs has been the magic number for Kansas baseball this season. The Jayhawks are 11-2 when scoring four runs or more, while the team is 1-14 when scoring three runs or less.
– In recent games, KU has been stellar with two outs. Over their last 11 games, the Jayhawks have collected 20 two-out RBIs and are batting .333 (42-for-126) with two outs in an inning.