Kansas Student Athlete Advisory Committee Elects Officers
April 12, 2012
The University of Kansas’ Student Athlete Advisory Executive Committee elected a President and Vice President for the first time Monday night, April 9. Abbey Lozenski, a sophomore on the KU rowing team was voted in as SAAC President while Alex Jones, a junior on the Jayhawk softball team, was elected Vice President. Lozenski and Jones will lead the way for KU SAAC for one-year terms starting in Fall 2012 and running through Spring 2013.
President-elect Abbey Lozenski, sophomore, rowing, Lansing, Kan.
Vice president-elect Alex Jones, junior, softball, Enid, Okla.
The mission of the University of Kansas’ Student Athlete Advisory Committee is to:
- Encourage unity, common purpose and camaraderie between teams and among all student-athletes
- Promote positive student-athlete image on and off campus
- Provide an accessible way to be involved with the athletic and university community
- Give back to the community through outreach programs
- Give all student-athletes the opportunity to enhance leadership skills
- Enhance the quality of life of student-athletes
- Encourage unity and support among KU sports and activities