Postgame Notes: vs. Texas (April 14)
April 14, 2013
KANSAS 4, TEXAS 3
LAWRENCE, KAN. – HOGLUND BALLPARK
KU’s Win …
… Moves the Jayhawks to 22-13 overall.
… Kansas is 7-5 in Big 12 play for the first time since 2009, when KU was also 7-5 after 12 league games.
… Improves the Jayhawks to 11-3 at Hoglund Ballpark this year.
… Gives the Jayhawks their fourth-straight series win at home.
… Gives the Jayhawks their first series win against the Longhorns since 2009
… Gives KU an all-time record of 19-42 against the Longhorns
… Moves the Jayhawks within two wins of last season’s total.
- Kansas has outscored its opponents 79 to 49 at home this season.
- The Jayhawks had eight of their nine starter’s record hits.
- The Jayhawks have given up a run in the first inning for the ninth time this season, but won the game to move to 5-4 when allowing a run in the first.
- The Jayhawks recorded their 10th one-run game of the season. The victory brings their record to 7-3 in contests decided by a single run.
- In all three games of the KU-Texas series, the losing team outhit the winning team, including 10-8 today.
- KU pitchers collected just one strikeout Sunday, matching a season low.
- Sophomore IF Justin Protacio singled giving him 30-of-33 games this season in which he’s reached base
- Senior IF Kevin Kuntz recorded two RBIs which is only his second multi-RBI game of the season.
- Senior IF Alex DeLeon recorded a single in the seventh inning which extends his current hit streak to seven games.
- Junior RHP Jordan Piché recorded his eighth save of the season which is the most by a Jayhawk since 2009 when Paul Smyth had nine.
- Junior RHP Frank Duncan earned his first career victory out of the bullpen. Duncan has made 22 starts and 30 relief appearances in his career.