April 29, 2008
Postgame Notes<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas 3, Missouri 0
April 29, 2008
Kansas win over Missouri…
… Makes Kansas 3-1 in Major League Ballparks over the past two seasons
… Makes Kansas 26-22 overall
… Makes Kansas 21-9 in non-conference games
… Makes Kansas 5-1 when wearing their pinwheel hats
Game Notes …
- This is the first time Kansas has shutout Missouri since March 24, 2000 in a 3-0 win over the Tigers.
- Kansas now has three wins against ranked teams this season. It is the first win over a ranked team during a mid-week game since an 8-2 win over No. 13 Wichita State on March 29, 2006.
- Shaeffer Hall has made 10 starts this season and has not allowed a 1st inning run.
- Ryne Price’s first inning home run was his 10th of the season. It was also the senior’s fifth career home run against the Tigers.
- Price’s 10 home runs this season match his season total from last year, which is also his career high.
- Kansas is 16-11 in games when they hit at least one home run and 10-11 when don’t hit a homer.
- Sophomore Jimmy Waters’ first inning double was his first of the season.
- This is the second time Kansas has played in the home of the Royals. KU played the Kansas City Royals in an exhibition contest on April 18, 1957.
- Sophomore Robbie Price’s sacrifice bunt in the eighth inning gives him a NCAA leading 23 for the season.
- John Allman’s three hits marked the senior’s 17th multiple hit game of the season and seventh in the month of April. It is also his seventh three-hit game of the season.
- KU’s shut out over No. 14 Missouri was the program’s first blanking of a nationally ranked opponent.
- Paul Smyth pitched two innings to pick up his eighth save of the season, setting a career high.