Saturday is Bark In the Park At Arrocha
May 1, 2006
LAWRENCE, Kan. –
Kansas softball will host its first-ever Bark in the Park Saturday, May 6, at Arrocha Ballpark. The Jayhawks will host Iowa State at 2 p.m. and all fans are invited to bring their dogs to the game. “Admission” for the canines is a cash donation to the Lawrence Humane Society or an item from the following list:
cat litter (non-clumping)
blankets/towels (new or gently used)
dog and cat toys (new or gently used)
stainless steel bowls
Polaroid instant film
dog houses (new or gently used)
Bark in the Park is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. Please follow rules for the safe enjoyment of this promotion. Fans who bring their dogs to Arrocha will be asked to sign a waiver listing the rules and regulations for Bark in the Park.
Bark in the Park Rules & Regulations
• All dogs declared dangerous pursuant to Chapter 3, Article 3, Section 3-302 of the Code of the City of Lawrence, Kansas are not permitted at Arrocha Ballpark and shall not be allowed on the premises.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
• All dogs must be legally vaccinated and shall wear a visible license.
• No dogs under four months of age.
• Dogs must be on leash at all times.
• No female dogs in season. Spayed/neutered animals are recommended.
• Dog must be under control of their handler and in view of handler at all times.
• Handlers must be 16 years of age or older. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
• No spiked or pinch collars.
• Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times (one (1) leash for each dog).
• Maximum of three (3) dogs per handler.
• Handlers must “pickup the poop”(bags provided) and dispose in designated container. Keep area free of trash, help pickup and dispose of trash in appropriate containers.
• Handlers must fill all holes dug by dog(s) under their control
• Dogs must be removed from Arrocha Ballpark at the first sign of aggression.
• Handlers are responsible for injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
Users of the facility do so at their own risk. Kansas Athletics shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog or handler at Arrocha Ballpark. See you at the ballpark!