KU Men's Basketball Guide Tabbed 7th in the Nation
June 21, 2004
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The 2003-04 University of Kansas Men’s Basketball media guide was recently tabbed seventh in the nation by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) in its annual publications contest. The seventh-place finish marks the best since the 1998-99 hoops guide was dubbed national runner-up.
The 236-page media guide was produced by former Media Relations Director Mitch Germann with assistance from the KU Media Relations staff. A total of four Big 12 media guides (Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas) were ranked as top seven finalists.
Men’s Basketball Media Guides — Division A (85 entries)
1. Florida State (Chuck Walsh, Florida State Sports Information Staff)
2. Texas (Scott McConnell, Donna G. Seago, UT Sports Photography)
3. Kentucky (Mandy Polley, Scott Stricklin, Jamie Barker)
4. Missouri (Sam Fleury)
5. South Carolina (Michelle Schmitt)
6. Oklahoma (Mike Houck)
7. Kansas (Mitch Germann, KU Media Relations Staff)
Best Cover: Florida State (Chuck Walsh, Florida State Sports Information Staff)
District 7 (9 entries)
1. Missouri (Sam Fleury)
2. Kansas (Mitch Germann, KU Media Relations Staff)