Jayhawk Network to Televise KU-Texas Football Game Oct. 29
Sept. 2, 2011
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Jayhawk Television Network will produce its first-ever statewide football telecast Oct. 29 when the Jayhawks face the Texas Longhorns in Austin. The game will also appear on the Longhorn Television Network in Texas and elsewhere around the country.
The game will air in High Definition on over-the-air stations in Kansas City and throughout the state of Kansas.
The telecast agreement is consistent with the process approved by the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors. ABC maintains its “first-selection” rights to games on Oct. 29; this agreement between the Jayhawk and Longhorn Networks assures that the other four Big 12 Conference games that day will be televised as well.
“We’re pleased to partner with the Longhorn Network and the IMGCollege staffs in Austin and Lawrence,” KU Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger said. “We’re proud that this collaboration guarantees that our Jayhawk Network can bring this game to our fans in the Kansas City area and the entire state of Kansas.”
This will be the second football game this season to air on the Jayhawk Network. Tomorrow’s season-opener against McNeeseState will be televised on Kansas Athletics’ AT&T Jayhawk All-Access, which is available via kuathletics.com.
As it has for many years, the Jayhawk Television Network will also televise five men’s basketball games throughout the state of Kansas. The basketball and football games represent some of the more than 200 events that will air on the various platforms (over-the-air, cable and All-Access) of the Jayhawk Television Network during the 2011-12 academic year.
Fans who subscribe to AT&T All-Access can see:
– Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice
– KU’s two men’s basketball exhibition contests,
– Football Coach Turner Gill’s weekly press conferences
– Football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches’ weekly television shows,
– Home women’s basketball games,
– The Kansas Relays and other special events, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas’ 18 varsity sports.
Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
– The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches,
– Men’s basketball coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
– Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with Turner Gill, Bill Self and women’s basketball coach Bonnie Henrickson, and
– Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.
In addition, KU fans can watch home volleyball matches and baseball games free of charge.