Legends of the Phog Exhibition Game To Be Televised on AT&T Jayhawk All-Access via KUathletics.com
Sept. 8, 2011
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Legends of the Phog exhibition basketball game Sept. 24 at Allen Fieldhouse will be televised live on AT&T Jayhawk All-Access via kuathletics.com. The game, which tips off at 4 p.m. Central time, is sold out.
A who’s who of Kansas men’s basketball coaches and players will convene at historic Allen Fieldhouse for the game. Former KU coaches Larry Brown and Ted Owens will coach a collection of former KU players who have been part of three NCAA titles, 54 conference championships, 13 Final Fours and 2,038 all-time victories. The rosters will include many current NBA Jayhawks, including NBA All-Star Paul Pierce, as well as many other recent KU standouts.
Jayhawk fans who subscribe to Jayhawk All-Access can see more than 200 KU events during the 2011-12 season on KU’s online network via kuathletics.com. Jayhawk All-Access televised KU’s season-opening football victory over McNeese State last Saturday from Memorial Stadium in Lawrence.
This marks the eighth consecutive year that AT&T Jayhawk All-Access will broadcast Kansas Athletics events either with video, audio or both. In addition to the Legends of the Phog game, fans who subscribe now to Jayhawk All-Access can also see:
- Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice,
KU’s two men’s basketball exhibition contests,
- Football Coach Turner Gill’s post-game press conferences after home games,
- Football Coach Turner Gill’s weekly press conferences,
- Football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches’ weekly television shows,
- Home women’s basketball games,
- The Kansas Relays and much more, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas’ 18 varsity sports.
Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
– The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches,
– Men’s basketball coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
– Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with Turner Gill, Bill Self and women’s basketball coach Bonnie Henrickson, and
– Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.
In addition, KU fans can watch home volleyball matches and baseball games free of charge.
Kansas fans can subscribe to Jayhawk All-Access by going to www.kuathletics.com and clicking on the AT&T Jayhawk All-Access button on the right. Jayhawk All-Access subscriptions are only $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year.