20 Questions With Nikki Alvarez
Oct. 4, 2005
1. Full Name: Nicole Renea Alvarez
2. Birthdate: February 9, 1985
3. Hometown: Wichita, Kansas
4. Major: Nursing
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
Kristine Lilly, because she was an awesome midfielder.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Feet. I do not like feet.
7. Who was your role model growing up?
My mom, because the last couple of years she has been very strong for all of us.
8. If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
Brad Pitt, John Travolta, and Julia Roberts.
9. What’s your dream job?
To work with children at a hospital.
10. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
Imitating sliding into home plate and then getting tackled by my teammates.
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Being voted by the team as most improved player last year.
12. What sport would you play if you didn’t play soccer?
I would try kickboxing because it is pretty intense and it would keep me busy. Plus, I would still be able to hit people.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
I love my teammates and Jessica Smith loved it here, so I knew I would love it too.
14. Do you have any superstitions?
I always have to put on my left sock then right, left guard then right, and left cleat then right cleat. If I don’t it’s bad luck.
15. What is your most prized possession?
My bed because it is SOO comfortable. Most days I do not want to even get out of bed because it is so soft.
16. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Pizza and sherbet ice cream for dessert.
17. If you could go see one concert who would it be?
18. If you could pick one team to be on the schedule that isn’t already on it, who would it be and why?
North Carolina, because I want to be able to play them and show them how good Kansas soccer really is.
19. If we asked your teammates what your most endearing and obnoxious qualities are, what would it be and why?
My most endearing is I am a good listener, and most obnoxious is the stupid jokes that I try and tell to everyone.
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Happily married, working at a hospital, maybe having some kids.