20 Questions With Julie Hanley
Oct. 4, 2005
1. Full Name: Julie Elaine Hanley
2. Birthdate: February 2, 1987
3. Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana
4. Major: Possibly Sports Management
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
I tried to impersonate a lot of players, like Julie Foudy, but I always tried to be like my older brother John (former goalkeeper at Furman).
6. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be?
Libby Lu, because people say my eyes look like hers because of the way I wear my hair.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When I hear people eating and smacking their food. It grosses me out!
8. If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
Jessica Bush, Jenny Murtaugh, Missy Geha (they didn’t have much say in that question).
9. What’s your dream job?
As of now, I would like to coach, but after seeing some of the things coaches go through, I may want to do something else!
10. Do you have any superstitions?
I always put my right keeper glove on before my left and listen to the same song before every game.
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Being named a high school all- american.
12. What match are you most looking forward to this season?
Purdue, because I get to play against some old friends from back home.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
The girls on the team and the coaching staff.
14. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
15. What is your most prized possession?
A necklace given to me by my parents.
16. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
17. If you could pick one team to be on the schedule that isn’t already on it, who would it be and why?
Notre Dame, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best
and it would be good to see where our program is at.
18. If you could go see one concert who would it be?
Phil Collins, gotta love the guy!
19. What sport would you play if you didn’t play soccer?
Tennis, my mom signed me up for it when I was younger, I think just to get my out of the house, but I really enjoyed playing it and wish I kept playing.
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully, with a successful job and starting a family.