Three FOX Sports Net Appearances Highlight Women's Basketball Television Schedule
Oct. 7, 2011
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Three appearances on FOX Sports Net highlight the Kansas women’s basketball television schedule for the 2011-12 season. The Jayhawks will once again be one of the most-televised teams in the nation as 21 contests, including all 19 regular-season home games, will be broadcast.
KU’s three FSN appearances will take place at Missouri on Jan. 15, at Kansas State on Feb. 12 and versus 2011 Sweet 16 participant Baylor on Feb. 24 at Allen Fieldhouse.
Metro Sports in Kansas City is set to air six home games this season. Those contests include Wisconsin on Dec. 8 in the Big 12/Big Ten Women’s Basketball Challenge, in-state rival Kansas State on Jan. 7 in KU’s conference home opener, Oklahoma on Jan. 31, Texas on Feb. 8, border showdown rival Missouri on Feb. 18 and Oklahoma State on Feb. 29 in Kansas’ regular-season home finale.
The Jayhawks’ remaining 12 home games will be televised on Knology in Lawrence. Coverage on Knology begins with KU’s regular-season opener versus Western Michigan on Nov. 13.
In addition to Kansas’ television lineup, all 19 home games, along with its two exhibition contests, will be streamed on AT&T Jayhawk All-Access through the Kansas Athletics’ website. Jayhawk All-Access will also air head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s weekly Hawk Talk radio show throughout the season.
Fans can subscribe to Jayhawk All-Access by going to www.KUAthletics.com and clicking on the AT&T Jayhawk All-Access button on the right. Jayhawk All-Access subscriptions are only $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year.
Kansas fans will be able to watch more than 200 events on Jayhawk All-Access during the 2011-12 season. This marks the eighth consecutive year that Jayhawk All-Access will broadcast Kansas Athletics events either with video, audio or both. Fans have already watched KU’s football season opener and Legends of the Phog, the sold-out alumni basketball game held Oct. 24 in Allen Fieldhouse.
Fans who subscribe to AT&T All-Access can also see:
– Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice
– KU’s two men’s basketball exhibition contests,
– Football Coach Turner Gill’s postgame press conferences after home games
– Football Coach Turner Gill’s weekly press conferences
– Football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches’ weekly television shows,
– The Kansas Relays and much more, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas’ 18 varsity sports.
Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
– The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches,
– Men’s basketball coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
– Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with Turner Gill and Bill Self, and
– Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.
In addition, KU fans can watch home volleyball matches and baseball games free of charge.